Micro-Simulation Tools on the WWW
Here is a list of links to pages on the Web about micro-simulation tools for
solving road traffic management problems. If you know about any others then
please let me (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
- AIMSUN2 - A micro-simulator
developed by TSS, Barcelona.
- CORSIM - A micro-simulator
that combines freeway and urban models, developed by the FHWA.
- DRACULA - A micro-simulator
developed by the Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds.
- FOSIM - A micro-simulator
developed at the Technical University of Delft.
- HIPERTRANS - A European Commission DGVII funded project
to develop a micro-simulator linked to an adaptive signal control system.
- HUTSIM - A micro-simulator
developed at the Helsinki University of Technology.
- MicroSim - A
parallel micro-simulator developed at the University of Cologne. Includes
an on-line demo.
- MITSIM - A MIcroscopic Traffic
SIMulator developed at MIT.
- OLSIM - An urban micro-simulator
based on Cellular Automata, developed by the University of Duisburg.
- PADSIM - A
parallel micro-simulator developed at Nottingham Trent University Computing
- PARAMICS - A parallel
micro-simulator originally developed by the Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre
at the University of Edinburgh and SIAS Ltd. It has subsequently been further developed and marketed by
Quadstone Ltd and SIAS Ltd.
- PELOPS - A sub-microscopic simulation program developed
at the Institut für Kraftfahrwesen Aachen.
- PLANSIM-T - A
parallel micro-simulator developed at the University of Cologne.
- SHIVA - A microscopic
simulator for testing intelligent vehicle algorithms.
- SimTraffic - A micro-simulation tool developed by Trafficware.
- SMARTAHS and
SMARTPATH - Micro-simulation tools developed as part of the
PATH program at the University of California,
- STEER - A micro-simulator
developed by the Network Control Group at the University of York.
- TexSIM - A micro-simulator
developed by the Texas Transportation Institute to help in the design of real-time
traffic control systems.
- TRAFFICQ - A micro-simulator
developed by MVA.
- TRAF-NETSIM, FRESIM,
CORSIM, FLEXSYT-II, INTEGRATION. A suite of micro-simulators sold by
- TRANSIMS - A US Department of
Transportation funded micro-simulator developed by the Los Alamos National
- TRITRAM - A traffic
simulator developed by CSIRO and the Roads and Traffic Authority of New South Wales.
- VISSIM - A micro-simulator developed by
PTV System, Germany.
- AIMSUN used to evaluate the CLAIRE intelligent supervisor used with a
SCOOT UTC system
- The micro-simulation projects of Benz Consult.
- NEMIS used to evaluate enhancements to the SCOOT and SPOT UTC systems in
DRIVE II project PRIMAVERA
- Spatial Decision Support Systems for Emergency Planning
- TRAF-NETSIM used to develop an adaptive
bus priority system
- Assessment of Advanced Vehicle Control Systems with the vehicle
oriented Traffic Simulation Tool PELOPS.
Back to the Smartest Home Page.